Re: Trade shows

Subject: Re: Trade shows
From: Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 16:11:53 -0500

Thomas Johnson asked:
>Do any of you send along samples of technical documents when your
>companies showcase their products in trade shows? I tried asking to see
>manuals at a couple of booths and all I got were blank looks. One vendor
>wasn't interested in talking with me at all when I found out I worked for
>a competitor.

You hit the nail on the head! It's my company's policy not to display much
literature beyond the usual marketing brochures -- it's the competiton that
grabs the techy stuff, not the potential clients. People working the trade
shows have some tech stuff on hand, but hidden away. Requests for materials
are collected daily from visitors to the booth and sent to our distributor
to fill the next day.

Elsa Kapitan-White <kapitan-white -at- SUGAR-LAND -dot- OILFIELD -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Schlumberger Oilfield Marketing Services
225 Schlumberger Drive, Sugar Land, TX 77478
(713)275-7563, fax -8545