Words that end in - GRY

Subject: Words that end in - GRY
From: "Williams, Patricia" <willi090 -at- DDCD -dot- MC -dot- DUKE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:40:00 -0400

Bill Hartzer wrote:
>> A fellow technical writer gave this to me this morning to see if I could
figure it out (because she couldn't). Does anyone know the answer?

In the English language there are only three words that end in GRY. Hungry,
angry, & the
other one. It is something you use everyday. Everyone knows what it is &
stands for. If you
listen closely you have been given the answer.

Tracy Boyington wrote:
>Been there, done that. :-) The word is "gry" -- some kind of obscure word;
I can't remember what it means.

I also seem to remember another obscure word - "puggry" (alt spelling
puggery). Again, no idea what it means. So sad when the mind

Pat Williams, Editor
Duke Clinical Research Institute
2024 West Main Street, Bay C-2
Durham, NC 27705
v: (919) 286-8905
f: (919) 416-9345
e: willi090 -at- mc -dot- duke -dot- edu