Re: worst documentation

Subject: Re: worst documentation
From: "Glanbrok, Slayer of Bluntskulls" <conehead -at- OVERTHE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 09:05:02 -0400

Martyn Thirlway wrote:

IMHO, the worst manual I have seen was for a product called SoftSpeak (made
in the UK somewhere). It was completely in the wrong order, it was
"un-funny", and basically confusing. Jokes about Conan the Librarian did not
amuse me. The list of files that were on the diskette (for checking) was in
Chapter 5 or 6 I think. But other, reasonably good manuals have been let
down by one or two bombs, such as the Index being incorrect, the
illustrations being unreadable, or the language being just plain weird.

The manual for a product called DB Publisher was almost as bad. It was an add-in product for VPDOS (GEM). The version I got had no index, mismatched typography from chapter to chapter, missing pages, and a bunch of stupid jokes (" ... when you select a database format, DB's little ol' heart goes pitty-pat!").