Needed: GUI Style Book

Subject: Needed: GUI Style Book
From: Stacey Roberts <stacey -at- AIMETERING -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 16:25:00 C

I've been asked to develop the GUI specifications for the next upgrade of

our software. Our current GUI is very inconsistent (e.g., "Add" buttons

on one screen, "New" buttons on another) and development is tired of me

writing defect reports.

Where in Austin, Texas can I find a GUI style guide that won't take 6 -

10 weeks to order (as quoted by a famous national chain bookstore) or is

there a technical mail order house I could contact?

FYI-We (they) are developing in XVT for the OS/2 platform, but a generic

GUI stylebook would do just fine. TIA...