Re: Space cadets, all.

Subject: Re: Space cadets, all.
From: Rogers Cadenhead <rcade -at- AIRMAIL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 23:51:04 -0500

At 07:51 PM 7/16/96 -0800, Matt Ion <soundy -at- nextlevel -dot- com> wrote:
>I remember the en-dash (or was that 'em-dash'?) wars, but even that was
>not as noisy as this thread. It seems the more insignificant the
>punctuation, the more worked-up people get over is <sigh>.

It was the en-dash, as you well know. Also, a point of order: There's
no punctuation less significant than the en-dash. If it weren't for the
numeric series (12-40, 18-90, and so on), the en-dash would have gone the
way of the passenger pigeon.

Make a difference ... use an en-dash today.

Rogers Cadenhead