Re: Two spaces after a full stop

Subject: Re: Two spaces after a full stop
From: "Parks, Beverly L." <parksb -at- HUACHUCA-EMH7 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 14:12:00 MST

Conehead wrote:

Checked any grammar books lately? The parenthetical clause is part of =
the sentence. A declarative sentence needs a period. As far as two =
periods, I also think not. And the period inside the parens (duh) =
belongs to "etc", which I'm sure you'll agree is an ABBREVIATION! =
(UPPERCASE for emphasis ...)
So perhaps you should check where you're standing before you bring out =
the saw!
<<

I don't think so. Not this time.
How about that fake email address, huh?