Re: LISTBIZ: Include E-Mail address!

Subject: Re: LISTBIZ: Include E-Mail address!
From: Kent Newton <kentn -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 13:30:00 PDT

On Thursday, July 18, 1996 11:05 AM, Bev Parks wrote:
>Kent Newton[SMTP:kentn -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM] wrote-->
>>>
>I've down this path before, and when you check the properties of a
>message from TECHWR-L, this is what you get:
>You *do not* get the email address of the original poster. That
>information is lost in Exchange!
><<

>Maybe YOU do not. I DO! Perhaps something is configured differently on
>our systems. I'm using Windows 95--maybe the Win95 version of Exchange
is
>different. TECHWR-L shows up as the TO addressee, but the name of the
>actual person who wrote the message shows up as the FROM addressee.

>PERIOD.

I use Win 95. I use MS Exchange 4.0.410.59. I get the Techwriter's
Mailing list email address in my From address, not the original poster's
address. Maybe it is the way our mail server is configured that strips
out the original sender's email address. I'm sorry if my
misunderstanding inflamed you. I didn't mean to impugn your experience;
I was merely stating my own experience.

Regardless of whether it is my mail reader or my mail server, however,
the original poster's email address is stripped out. I am obviously not
the only one to whom this happens. Michael Collier's original plea was
not unreasonable. In fact, I made the same plea about 3 or 4 months ago;
the response at that time was pretty much the same as it is now.

Kent Newton
Senior Technical Writer
Metrix, Inc.
kentn -at- metrix-inc -dot- com