Need Quark XPress help

Subject: Need Quark XPress help
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:58:23 +0000

Our organization bought Quark XPress last year. One of the reasons
was that we were supposed to be able to work "seamlessly" across
platforms (Mac and PC). It's not turning out this way. Someone from
Quark allegedly announced at a confernce that this is basically a
lie, that XPress really shouldn't be used cross-platform at all. I think
this was either a hyperbole or a misunderstanding, since I've been
able to take PC docs and open them on the Mac with no problems. But
our DTP staff is having extensive problems, especially when trying to
create templates for PC use (these will have to be converted to Mac
docs before printing).

Does anybody on this list have some expertise in Quark or know of a
mailing list or newsgroup I can check into? I haven't been able to
find a Quark-specific newsgroup, but that probably just means it's
not on our server. I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks
Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma

My opinions belong to me and not ODVTE.

"I think I did pretty well, considering I started out
with nothing but a bunch of blank paper."
-- Steve Martin