Knowledge management

Subject: Knowledge management
From: "James M.Lockard" <norton -at- MCS -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 00:01:41 +0100

Maybe I haven't been paying much attention lately, but I don't recall
seeing the topic of knowledge management come up lately.

I've recently been asked to help finish a knowledge management project that
some consulting agency left half-finished. I've also come across a number
of articles on knowledge management recently but, near as I can tell, it's
simply a specialized type of online documentation that's pitched to a
consultant's clients as something new. The hallmark of knowledge management
is the idea that the creative use of technology to capture, package, and
distribute information can make a company more competitive.

Has anyone else been introduced to knowledge management yet? I'm wondering
what others think of it...

In case you're curious and haven't heard of knowledge management before,
I've found a website that explains a little about it. Point your browser to
_KM_Metazine_ at
http://www.ktic.com/km/

James Lockard
norton -at- mcs -dot- net

Coffee, which makes the politician wise,
And see through all things with his half-shut eyes.

--Alexander Pope