Re: Tech Writer as Webmaster (kinda long)

Subject: Re: Tech Writer as Webmaster (kinda long)
From: Tracy Boyington <trlyboyi -at- GENESIS -dot- ODVTE -dot- STATE -dot- OK -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:58:34 +0000

Bev Parks said:
> After he told me that the Webmaster should be a techie person at my ISP,
> and not me, I asked around to verify that. (Sorry Bob! I always try to
> verify what people tell me.) Sure enough, that was the general consensus
> and I got that "Webmaster" stuff off of my page fast.

> I like your idea of a "content webmaster" and a "technical webmaster". I
> don't think that should take too long to catch on.

I consider myself a "web author" who wishes she knew enough to be a
Webmaster. I create graphics, plan the design, write or import the
text (and no canned templates, by golly!), but once it's off my
computer (this week, I hope!) it will be out of my hands. I consider
the "techie" guy in Systems Design to be the Webmaster.

Tracy

Tracy Boyington trlyboyi -at- genesis -dot- odvte -dot- state -dot- ok -dot- us
Oklahoma Department of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, Oklahoma

My opinions belong to me and not ODVTE.

"I think I did pretty well, considering I started out
with nothing but a bunch of blank paper."
-- Steve Martin