In vs. On

Subject: In vs. On
From: dski -at- CAMEONET -dot- CAMEO -dot- COM -dot- TW
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:05:57 GMT

I have thought long and hard, and I have seen the light. Since
we ask, "What's on the menu?" when we are in a restaurant, "the
commands on the File menu" MUST be correct.

The figures ON the table ON my last post on this subject, which
suggest that most people use "in" while much of the industry is
trying to get us to use "on," are obviously lies.

Dan Strychalski dski -at- cameonet -dot- cameo -dot- com -dot- tw