Job Opening: Experienced Writer, Portland OR, USA

Subject: Job Opening: Experienced Writer, Portland OR, USA
From: Chuck Melikian <chuckm -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:25:25 -0700

JOB DESCRIPTION

Tektronix Measurement Business Customer Documentation is searching for
an experienced technical writer to develop product documentation. Our
documentation needs include user manuals for hardware and software,
service manuals, and online help. We produce manuals using Interleaf
publishing software and high-resolution demand printers.

Our customer base is diverse - industry, government,
education, television, telecommunications, service, and
repair. Because of our environment and the diverse nature of
our products and customers, we need writers who are flexible,
learning-oriented, and self-motivated. We also stress the
need to carry out multiple tasks while maintaining high
quality and productivity.

We operate in a team environment that supports development of
partnerships with marketing managers, engineers, illustrators, and
editors. Key to the success of these partnerships are strong project
management, interviewing, and information presentation skills.

By partnering with Marketing, Engineering, and Service, the successful
candidate will produce documentation for electronic instruments that
allow end users to successfully and fully use Tektronix Measurement
products.

You will:

Aggressively plan, estimate, and track projects to meet all
product development schedules.

Partner with Marketing to define customer applications.

Establish and maintain good rapport with Design Engineers, assuring
accurate and timely responses to technical changes.

Work with Technical Illustrators to produce visually appealing
documents with easy-to-access information for a global audience.

Keep abreast of leading industry trends in information management and
presentation such as alternate media output (CD-ROM), online, foreign
language translation, demand publishing, and active documentation.

You have:

A Bachelors or Masters degree in Technical Communication, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical degree. Four or
more years of industry or government experience writing documentation
for complex products, preferably instrumentation.

To be considered, please send your resume by email, fax, or snail mail.

brad -dot- labroad -at- tek -dot- com

FAX 503.627-5587

Tektronix, Inc
Brad LaBroad