Re: Winword to Acrobat / List of Plug-ins

Subject: Re: Winword to Acrobat / List of Plug-ins
From: Bill Hartzer <XBJH%mimi -at- MAGIC -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:20:20 -0500

You said:

>a) The word outline (heading 1 thru 3) should
> automatically be converted to Acrobat
> bookmarks (3 levels).
>
>b) The cross-references in our Word document should be automatically >converted into Acrobat links.

>Is there anything in the Acrobat documentation
>that we missed ? Are there any add-ons that
>would do the trick for us ?

There are many Adobe Acrobat Plug-ins that do this (Plug-ins are the
add-ons you are talking about). I searched the WWWW and here's a list
of some of what I found:

1) Free Software from Adobe
Free Software from Adobe Free Software from Adobe Contents Free
Acrobat Reader Software Free Updaters & Patches for Adobe Software
Free Plug-Ins, Extensions, Additions,...
http://w1000.mv.us.adobe.com/Software.html (20k)

2) Free Adobe Acrobat Plug-Ins
Free Adobe Acrobat Plug-Ins
http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/plugins.html (24k)
[91%, 3 of 4 terms relevant]

3) Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Development and Integration
Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Development and Integration Adobe Acrobat
Plug-In Development and Integration Software Partners is the leading
developer of Adobe Acrobat...
http://www.buckaroo.com/ACROBAT.HTM (7k)

4) EMERGE ? The PDF Zone: Software
EMERGE ? The PDF Zone: Software EmergeCaptureServices SoftwarePD
ZoneSpecialsHome The PDF Zone Software PDF Viewers check_icon
Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader from the canonical...
http://www.emrg.com/pdf_sw.html (19k)

5) Free Acrobat Plug-Ins (and more!)
Free Acrobat Plug-Ins (and more!); Free Adobe Acrobat Plug-Ins;
New Free Plug-Ins;
http://w1000.mv.us.adobe.com/acrobat/plugins.html (0k)

6) Adobe Acrobat reader plug-in
Adobe Acrobat reader plug-in;
http://com.primenet.com/sbnet/acrobat.html (0k)

7) Adobe Acrobat & Premiere Plug-in Information in PDF fo...
Adobe Acrobat & Premiere Plug-in Information in PDF format.;
http://www.imageclub.com/pdf/aps_acpr.pdf (0k)

8) download the Adobe Acrobat Amber Plug-in
download the Adobe Acrobat Amber Plug-in;
http://www.datalife.com/tools/index.htm (0k)

9) Adobe Acrobat Third-Party Plug-Ins
Adobe Acrobat Third-Party Plug-Ins;
http://w1000.mv.us.adobe.com/acrobat/thirdpartyplugins.html (0k)

10) Acrobat Access Plug-In & PDF to Text
Acrobat Access Plug-In & PDF to Text; gcosimin -at- mv -dot- us -dot- adobe -dot- com;
http://wuecon.wustl.edu/~pdfl/0303.html (0k)

Let me know if you would like more information or can't access this
information via the WWW. I'll be glad to do it for you and pass it on.

Regards,
Bill Hartzer Bill Hartzer
Contract Tech Writer President
Texas Instruments, Inc. Highfield Marketing Group, Inc.
Dallas, TX USA Irving, TX USA
xbjh -at- msg -dot- ti -dot- com Highfield -at- aol -dot- com
(214) 575 - 2041 (800) 664 - 3251 toll free
(214) 798 - 2976 voice pager (214) 432 - 0152 fax
"Highfield Marketing Group, Inc. is the proud maker of the CD-ROM
TalentBank(tm), an electronically searchable resume database full of
quality professionals in the computer, high-tech, and technical writing
industries. Never a fee for applicants. Employers and recruiters
can search thousands of resumes electronically on their desktops while
applicants can reach thousands of employers with their resume."