Re: Recruiters STILL don't get it

Subject: Re: Recruiters STILL don't get it
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 13:43:00 EST

At 01:30 PM 8/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>What's wrong with this job listing that I came across on the internet
>recently? Apparently, recruiters STILL don't get it. Since when do
>programmer/analyst positions require technical writing skills? This is
>probably a mistake, but unfortunately it's all too typical of the
>recruiting industry nowadays.

<job description sent away>

>Regards,
>Bill Hartzer

This may not be as ill-informed and stupid as it appears. We had a similar
case in which our people were recruited specifically to write, but the
general contractor's original contracts and job specs didn't have a title
anywhere near "technical writer". Instead, we had to provide "systems
analysts". It was a small fiction that permitted the contractor to get
writers on board. However, it complicated our lives a great deal, since to
stave off an audit catastrophe the contractor insisted that we provide
resumes for our people that could prove that they could be considered
systems analysts.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.
317.899.5882 (voice) 317.899.5987 (fax)
FrameMaker support ForeHelp support

Makers of DuoFrame, giving you online help and paper
documentation from a single parent FrameMaker document.

http://www.simplywritten.com/simply