Documentation Architecture Question

Subject: Documentation Architecture Question
From: Shari Scheske Goodman <scheskes -at- COGNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 10:46:30 -0400

Our software development team is building the software in increments.
Once certain features are ready, they will be ready for shipping. This
means the documentation has to be ready as well.

The challenges we face are:

* Due to the way the development team is building the product, we
may have to document the software by feature. However, most
documentation is provided based on use, not feature.

* We may be almost finished documenting a feature, but the feature
doesn't make it in the release because the development team is not
finished. We then have to pull it out of the documentation.

We are trying to figure out the best way to handle this. Any ideas
lingering out there? Anyone else in the same situation?

I'd appreciate any comments.
Thanks,
Shari Scheske Goodman
scheskes -at- cognos -dot- com