Oh yes it is appropriate

Subject: Oh yes it is appropriate
From: Joanna Sheldon <cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 18:15:23 -0400

At 07:48 16/08/96 PDT, Eric wrote:
>Folks,

>This isn't the place for Mac evangelism or any other
>sort of evangelism. If it isn't about technical
>communication, don't post it.

<blah, blah>

>(Tony, along the same lines, it's generally considered
>poor form to post private messages to a public
>forum, regardless of content or who wrote them.)

Eric, you're out of your mind and being way too anal about your list as
always--this discussion IS all about technical communication.

The tools we use help us think (or, in the case of Word, prevent us from
thinking). We should be discussing them. I've gained a lot just from the
short bit that's happened in the last few days. I don't want to have to
wade through weeks of details on individual OSs and applications --

Tony, it's not true, don't believe him.

Anybody who wants to talk about language/writing and associated topics,
mostly translation, should join Lantra -- write me for instructions if
you're interested.

Joanna