Contractors _ARE_ good people

Subject: Contractors _ARE_ good people
From: Bill Hartzer <XBJH%mimi -at- MAGIC -dot- ITG -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:09:03 -0500

Someone said the following in a recent message:

"...True. I think that right there you've got an excellent argument for
hiring good people and treating them well, as opposed to farming work
out to contractors."

I may be taking this out of context, but I _DON'T_ like the fact that
"you" (whoever you are) refer to contractors as bad people. There _IS_
a need for contractors out there, as we provide companies a valuable
service. We're able to step right in, get the job done in a reasonable
amount of time, and get it done right the first time.

Just because I may be a contractor doesn't mean that I'm a bad person.
In fact, contractors can easily get _more_ work done, and, ultimately,
are less expensive. We usually aren't a part of a company for more than
a few months at a time (depending, of course, on the length of the
contract); we simply don't have a chance to get tangled up in all of the
typical office politics that go around. We don't waste time
chit-chatting by the water cooler.

That's just my
opinion,
Bill Hartzer Bill Hartzer
Contract Technical Writer President
Texas Instruments, Inc. Highfield Marketing Group, Inc.
Dallas, TX USA Irving, TX USA
xbjh -at- msg -dot- ti -dot- com Highfield -at- aol -dot- com
(214) 575 - 2041 (800) 664 - 3251 toll free
(214) 798 - 2976 voice pager (214) 432 - 0152 fax
"Highfield Marketing Group, Inc. is the proud maker of the CD-ROM
TalentBank(tm), an electronically searchable resume database full of
quality professionals in the computer, high-tech, and technical writing
industries. Never a fee for applicants. Employers and recruiters
can search thousands of resumes electronically on their desktops while
applicants can reach thousands of employers with their resume."