Re: Frame --> WinHelp conversion

Subject: Re: Frame --> WinHelp conversion
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:08:29 -0700

At 09:26 AM 8/21/96 -0700, Yvonne DeGraw wrote:
>What tools have people used to create Windows Help from FrameMaker files?
>Do you just export .RTF files and then use something like RoboHelp or
>Doc-to-Help? Any warnings about the limitations of this approach?

I tried to save Frame 4 files to .rtf and import to Word 6 and it was
genuinely messy. Text on the master pages was intermingled throughout.
I haven't tried the same maneuver with Frame 5 and Word 7, so I dunno.
I'm guessing it can be done--but not without tinkering with the source
a bit beforehand.

[snip]
>They will require Win95, but will probably release before Microsoft
>releases tools for HTML-based help. Has anyone heard Microsoft's latest
>release schedule on that?

Last rumor I heard was that it would be distributed via MS Developer
Network CD "in the fall".

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.