Re: Portfolios

Subject: Re: Portfolios
From: Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- SILCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 10:39:04 -0700

I recently took a Zip drive and a Zip disk with some of my Web projects on
it to a meeting with a potential client. It worked great.

I told them in advance I would need a PC. I arrived a bit early, installed
the Zip drive as a guest device. Then, I could show them examples of ways
I'd solved problems similar to theirs thoughout the meeting. The response
time is great, and you don't have to worry about Web servers being busy.
The only thing you can't demo locally is stuff like CGI that depends on
having the server hand.

Of course, I had my paper portfolio there as a backup, too.

Yvonne DeGraw, Technical Services o Web Authoring
yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com o Technical Writing
http://www.silcom.com/~yvonne/ o Database Design and Publishing
Tel: 805/683-5784 o User-Interface Design
~~~~~~~~ My latest project: ~~~~~~~~
The interactive Web authoring tutorial for AOLpress. Download AOLpress
at http://www.aolpress.com/, install, run, and choose Help-->Tutorial.