Upcoming Programs -- Puget Sound STC Chapter

Subject: Upcoming Programs -- Puget Sound STC Chapter
From: John Hedtke <jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 01:43:38 GMT

(Note: The August program on "Finding a Job" was one of the largest
Puget Sound STC meetings ever, with 115 people attending. We're
looking at using a slightly larger room next time, as there is likely
to be a large draw for the Science Fiction and Mystery authors at the
September panel.)

Upcoming Programs

These are the upcoming program topics for the Puget Sound chapter of
the STC. Meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the
Bellevue Conference Center (121 107th Ave. N.E. in Bellevue, 451-9995)
in the Meadowlark room. Doors open at 6:00 pm, meeting begins at 7:00
pm. Refreshments will be served. $7 for members, $10 for
non-members.

For reservation information, call Association Services at
206-623-8632.

If you'd like to be part of one of these presentations or have an idea
for a presentation you want to see, please phone or send me email.

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke
Vice-President, Puget Sound STC Chapter
206-820-6000 x3445 work
206-365-3998 24hr msg
jhedtke -at- oz -dot- net or johnhedtke -at- aol -dot- com

September 17: Fiction Writing for Fun and Occasional Profit
Fiction is more than what we put in the manuals that we know isn't so
-- it's actually stuff we'd like to read! If you think you're
destined to write more than the Great American Manual, come hear
science fiction and mystery authors talk about what it's like to be
intentional writers of fiction.

October 15: The International Job Market
=================================
There are countless opportunities for technical communicators to work
overseas. This presentation will show you how to find a job in the
country of your choice and get paid big bucks for working there.

November 19: Cartooning and Comic Books: A Different Kind of
Illustrating
Illustrating isn't always drawing machine diagrams and circuit boards.
You can also do cartoons and comic books. This panel will give you a
chance to hear several local cartoonists and comic book artists talk
about a somewhat, uh, less technical type of illustrating.

December: No program this month.
Snow day; everybody stay home.

January: No program this month, again.
We'll all be at the Competition Awards Banquet. Join us!

February 18: How to Write for Periodicals