Online documentation and customer acceptance

Subject: Online documentation and customer acceptance
From: Glenn Weir <weir -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 11:30:58 -0500

I'm a newbie so I apologize if this topic has already been discussed...

I'm looking for examples of mid- to large-size software companies that
ship only electronic versions of documentation with their products (that
is, they do not ship paper documentation with the product out the door).

I'm curious to find out customer reaction to this scenario.

Also, I would greatly appreciate any information (from published
research or surveys) about customer acceptance of online manuals as
the sole source of documentation.

Thanks in advance.

Glenn Weir
weirg -at- platinum -dot- com