Re: Direct e-mail (fwd)

Subject: Re: Direct e-mail (fwd)
From: Robert McMillan <ram -at- GTI -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 17:47:59 -0400

On advice in one of the computer magazines, I FORWARD
any direct e-mail to:

abuse -at- domain, postmaster -at- domain

with the message:

Your customer is spamming the Net.

Look at the header for the proper domain. Often is is
not the return address of MONEYBAGS.COM, but rather
NETCOM.COM.

I've sent several of these to Netcom and other big
ISPs (Internet Service Provides) and receive a
confirmation (automated) and thank you and say they
will investigate the incident. In some cases they
tell me they have suspended the party's account