Pop up screen in HTML

Subject: Pop up screen in HTML
From: Ruth Glaser <ruthg -at- GORETEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 09:07:41 -0500

Mark Little said:

>I am redesigning my web page, and I want to provide a map for the
>reader,to help them navigate around my web page.

Based on your situation, I'm unclear why you need a pop-up. What we've
done that seems to work is use FRAMES. Again, this only works with
recent browsers.

You can target frames so a map or TOC is always present. For instance,
make a 1/4 screen vertical frame on the left of the page. It contains
the TOC. The user clicks on a link and that page displays in the main
frame, but the TOC frame remains the same.

You can also add an additional frame with navigation for each subset of
the main TOC. These work nicely on the bottom or top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I didn't get the picture on your website. Inside joke?

Ruth
ruthg -at- goretek -dot- com
--
Ruth T. Glaser e-mail: ruthg -at- goretek -dot- com
Goretek Data Systems, Inc. Phone: (612) 639-5043