Teaching Tech Writing

Subject: Teaching Tech Writing
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:59:28 -0700

My experience includes teaching business and tech writing classes
to all college levels and to adult education classes. Teaching
a writing course is not a trivial task. In most cases, you
must design the course, teach it, and be constantly improving
it. I only know about California schools. They require a
teaching credential to teach college courses. Adult education
requires a separate credential.

Here, adult education programs are eager for teachers to
present ideas for new classes. New teachers can teach without
a credential if they have work experience and are working
on the credential requirements.

My students are about half ESL people, which presents new
challenges.

What I'm trying to say is that teaching any writing course is
a serious matter, takes lots of dedication, and should not be
considered lightly.

Bob Morrisette
Recovering from a day of wine tasting in Napa Valley
(Sun SMCC writer's fun day)
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- sun -dot- com