Improve your editing

Subject: Improve your editing
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1996 14:19:47 -0500

Here's a practical way to drastically improve your writing
and editing: form a local writer/editor support group.
Fiction writers commonly form writer's groups in which
everyone takes turns criticizing the other group members'
manuscripts. If you pay attention to the criticisms of your
own work, you can learn to look for certain recurring flaws
in your style (we all have them... with me, one obvious one
is a misguided love of parentheses).

If you're in certain lines of work, you'll have to watch
out for confidentiality issues, but other than that, the
approach has been proven effective by decades (perhaps
centuries) of practical experience.