Re: Imagemaps and URLs

Subject: Re: Imagemaps and URLs
From: David Jones/KSBEISD <David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- DATAHUB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 10:05:34 HST

Web Techniques magazine recently had an article about how to implement both
client-side and server side imagemaps in the same HTML code (or something like
that, forgive me, I don't have it handy). Their web site is
www.webtechniques.com. Good magazine!

David Jones, Technical Writer
David_Jones/KSBEISD -dot- KSBEISD -at- Datahub -dot- com

DISCLAIMER:
The views described herein are the views of the author, and
do not represent the views or opinions of Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate, nor is there any approval or authorization of
this material, express or implied, by the Kamehameha Schools
Bishop Estate. If you suspect that any of the material in
this message or attachments thereto is in violation of a
copyright, please notify the Webmaster immediately by e-mail
at "Webmaster -at- ksbe -dot- edu".

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
From: ejray @ RAYCOMM.COM ("Eric J. Ray")
Date: 09/04/96 02:16:41 PM
Subject: Imagemaps and URLs

Just a quick note about imagemaps -- if you want
people to see the URL as the cursor passes
over, provide a client-side imagemap.

If your users won't necessarily be able to deal with
a client-side map, augment it with a server-side map.

ALWAYS provide alternative navigation.

Eric