Re: Editing comments too harsh?

Subject: Re: Editing comments too harsh?
From: Kate Marventano <Kate_Marventano -at- ZD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:38:24 -0400

As a writer who has a personal relationship with *several* editing marks, I
have to agree, yet again, on the ink color issue. My favorite editor use
green, and he's very open to discussion. Everyone knows that this editor uses
green. We would all be shocked if he switched to a different color.

Also: don't edit everything right on the text. What about putting things
you're not sure about, or may be questionable on sticky notes? That way the
writers can discuss it with you if they have a question. Crossing things out
gives the impression that you're not open to discussion.

One last thing: my editor also did me a world of wonder by sending me a brief
list (review, of course) of feedback from my manuscript. Included in the
feedback were things I could improve, and things I did well. Good luck!

Kate