The Lettuce Test

Subject: The Lettuce Test
From: "MacDonald, Alexander G. AP" <macdoag -at- HPDAPP03 -dot- HPDAP -dot- MSMAIL -dot- ABBOTT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 14:54:00 DST

Has anyone ever heard of that grocery ordering software called Peapod's? If
you own a computer and a modem, you can order food on line and then somebody
will deliver it to your home. I've never used it, but here are hypothetical
instructions.

1. Double click on the Peapod icon.
2. Fill in your user name and password.
3. Drag and drop the Lettuce icon into the Shopping Cart icon.
4. Drag and drop the Shopping Cart icon into the Express Line icon.
4. Wait for doorbell to ring.
5. Walk to door, turn knob, pull.
6. Give money to delivery person. Take lettuce. Close door.

Then comes the really hard part...making the salad dressing.

Alex MacDonald
macdoag -at- hpdapp03 -dot- hpdap -dot- msmail -dot- abbott -dot- com

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Re: Let us test
Date: Friday, 06 September, 1996 1:54PM

Some questions that popped to mind...

1. What kind of store? Grocery? Hardware? Clothing? In step 2 you
imply a grocery store by mentioning the produce department, but why do I
need to wait until then to learn the information?

2. The illustration was of Iceburg lettuce but the store sold only
Boston Bib lettuce (which looks totally different)? What do I do now?

How about this:

1. Go to the grocery store of your choice.

2. Go to the produce department.

3. Ask the manager of the produce department for a head of lettuce.

4. Purchase the lettuce.

Kent