Re: Respect or no

Subject: Re: Respect or no
From: Helen Whitehead <ga42 -at- DIAL -dot- PIPEX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 19:13:56 +0100

This discussion about whether manuals/documentation adds value to
software reminds me of the manual I wrote which was ordered literally by
the inch. I want a nice thick manual, said the MD, to prove it's a worthy
piece of software. About three inches thick is fine.

Is this common? I used big print and a small binder and made it
user-friendly as well (I hope!), though strangely enough he wasn't
bothered about that! He went bust owing me money -- a good point in
favour of staged payments!

Helen
--
Helen Whitehead Final Draft Editorial and Writing Services
h -dot- whitehead -at- dial -dot- pipex -dot- com