Re: Usability of tabbed dialogs

Subject: Re: Usability of tabbed dialogs
From: Catherine McNair <cmcnair -at- SPICER -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:55:57 -0400

I've shared some of Jared Spool's findings on tabbed dialog boxes with our
main Windows 95 developer. He found it interesting, but would have liked a
solution to the problem! One thing he is thinking of doing is, instead of
having one Options command with a huge number of tabs, having several
Options commands (e.g. Tool Options, View Options, and so on), each with a
smaller number of tabs. Seems to me that would be somewhat more usable. What
do you think?

Catherine McNair
<cmcnair -at- spicer -dot- com>
Technical Writer, Spicer Corporation