Re: Grammar Checkers?

Subject: Re: Grammar Checkers?
From: Kent Newton <KentN -at- METRIX-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 09:48:52 -0500

Katherine D. Fisher responded:

>"Let's put it this way: those who feel they need grammar checkers
>should
>not be technical writers."

I think that's an unnecessarily sweeping statement. Many technical
writers work on extremely tight schedules. While I would never rely
solely on a computerized grammar checker, I have used them occasionally
to quickly identify passive constructions that could stand rewriting and
to assess the reading level of a document. This speeds up the review
process considerably.

>Kent Newton
>Senior Technical Writer
>kentn -at- metrix-inc -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-