Re: <9609110413 -dot- AA10611 -at- plamondon -dot- com> Re: Writing Marketing literature

Subject: Re: <9609110413 -dot- AA10611 -at- plamondon -dot- com> Re: Writing Marketing literature
From: Bruce Faron <bfaron -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:34:58 -0700

It occurred to me after reading Robert Pasmondon's reply that writing
marketing literature is really selling on paper. From what I have
learned, the primary technique of selling and of marketing literature
(sales data sheets, brochures, etc) is to stress the benefits the
prospective customer will receive by purchasing the product or service.
To paraphrase Brian Tracy, the customer only listens to one radio
station: WII-FM (What's In It For Me). Successful marketing literature
must answer this question. After that, and the name, address,
and phone number of the sales contact (mfr, dealer, etc.) everything
else is secondary.

For additional information on selling in general, I suggest Brian
Tracy's <ul>The Psychology of Selling: The Art of Closing Sales</ul>.
I bought mine used at a bookstore a few months ago, and I play it ALOT.
IMHO, this program is positively excellent. Even his marketing tape
<ul>The Future Belongs to the Competent/ Seven Secrets of Successful
People</ul> is really good. I don't work for his company, but I am
very satisfied his products that I listened to.

Brian Tracy International
462 Stevens Avenue, Suite 202
Solana Beach CA (Greater San Diego area) 92075
Voice: (619) 481-2977, (800) 542-4252
Fax: (619) 481-2445

There are also many other books on selling and sales presentations,
from which you can learn about what needs to be in Marketing Literature.

Use <ul>Books In Print</ul> to look up the books by

Napoleon Hill & F. Harold Brown, <ul>Think and Grow Rich Through
Persuasion</ul>,
Og Mandino <ul>Mission: Success!</ul>,
Charles B. Roth, <ul> Successful Sales Presentations</ul>,
Robert L. Shook <ul> The Perfect Sales Presentation</ul>
Zig Ziglar,

etc.

I started reading this material after I realized that Everyone Sells.
If I must sell (my Tech Writing, manuals, etc.) then I should spend the
time and effort to learn to sell effectively.

Regards,

Bruce Faron
Technical Writer/Editor

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-