Re: RAID terminology

Subject: Re: RAID terminology
From: Mary Anthony <mary -at- PERSISTENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:57:44 -0700

At 11:05 AM 9/11/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi, all --

>I'm working on a document that describes the benefits of using RAID
>mirroring. I want to say that mirroring provides "live backup" of the
>data on the drive(s) being mirrored.

>Is there a better way of putting that? "Continuing backup"? "Active
>backup"?

How about mirroring "reflects" the data on the "actual" drive. That way you
leverage the mirror metaphor inherent in the technology. If I recall
correctly, mirroring is a logical concept rather than a physical one. Heck,
the technology might have changed in 7 years. :-)

Mary

--------
"What I read, I forget; what I see, I remember; what I do, I learn."
- Unknown Dressage Master
---------
Mary Anthony mary -at- persistence -dot- com

Searchable archives located at http://www.documentation.com/
ALL questions or problems concerning the list
should go to the listowner, Eric Ray at ejray -at- ionet -dot- net -dot-