Re: Until It's Time for Me to Go

Subject: Re: Until It's Time for Me to Go
From: Brad Connatser <cwrites -at- USIT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 23:54:39 GMT

In article <Chameleon -dot- 960916200850 -dot- alsacien -at- dialup -dot- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>,
alsacien -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,

> Recently I faced something that still has me very upset: for the first
> time, I was at an impasse with a project (the same one I mentioned before
> in the list), and I was forced to abandon the project shortly before the
> projected completion date. I have never done this before and am still not
> too comfortable with what I did, but I don't see how I could do otherwise.
> For the moment, I'm looking for group therapy, shall we say, because it
> could be that I did the right thing, only it feels wrong.

It's truly painful to imagine your circumstances. You shouldn't feel the
slightest bit of guilt about leaving the project. And you certainly
shouldn't be beating yourself up, although you can't control the way you
feel. Anyway, I think you did the right thing, and because you feel bad
about it, you reveal yourself as one of the good "guys" (the jerks you
work for wouldn't feel so bad).

Brad

--
Brad Connatser