Re: Two spaces, and commas

Subject: Re: Two spaces, and commas
From: "Guy L. Pace" <pace -at- COOPEXT -dot- CAHE -dot- WSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 11:04:52 -0700

At 12:45 PM 9/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
> The "comma before the and" is one of those things that
> changes with editorial fads. A few years back, some writers
---snip---
> omitting it. The conservative approach is to stick with the
> comma.

Not really a fad. This is a style used by newspapers and journalists. Dates
back to the hand-set type. For further reference, you can check the AP
Stylebook.

Regards: Guy L. Pace (pace -at- wsu -dot- edu)
Computer Support Analyst II
Washington State University
AMA#606009 DoD#0974
http://coopext.cahe.wsu.edu/~pace/

"My mind is my own church." Thomas Paine