Library databases

Subject: Library databases
From: Sara Schoenberg <sschoenb -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:49:28 EDT

Hi all,

This a little off-topic, but I'm trying to do a favor for a friend and this is such an
eclectic bunch full of great information.

My friend is an contract writer (mainly doing science and nature writing) looking for
library databases to do literature searches and hoping to find fruitful web or telnet
sites.

The best resource she's found so far, is Uncover, an on-line document search
service of academic journals. So far, everything else she's found requires a
subscription or registration as a student at a particular university(. For example,
Harvard has Books in Print on-line, but you need a Harvard ID to get access.)
She's also aware of The Library of Congress web site but has had trouble getting
access to what are probably overloaded parts of their site.

If anyone can point her in a helpful direction, please reply privately to me, using
the address below. Thanks.

Sara
sschoen178 -at- aol -dot- com