Re: wanted: definition of ZIP code

Subject: Re: wanted: definition of ZIP code
From: Frank Domínguez <frankd -at- 5FLSVR1 -dot- SIF -dot- STATE -dot- NY -dot- US>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:29:25 EST

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary has the following:

zip code - n. often cap Z&I&P [zone improvement plan] (1963) : a
number that identifies each postal delivery area in the U.S.

On 19 Sep 96 at 12:13, David Somers wrote:

> I'm just about to finish off a glossary for a product that I'm working
> on... does anybody have a suitable definition for "(postal) ZIP code".

> TIA,

> David Somers
> david -dot- somers -at- st -dot- com

Francisco Dominguez, Jr. E-Mail:
77 Poplar Drive FRANKD -at- 5flsvr1 -dot- sif -dot- state -dot- ny -dot- us
East Hills, NY 11576-2223 frankd -at- i-2000 -dot- com
FranciscoD -at- aol -dot- com