Re: User names. WAS: credits in books

Subject: Re: User names. WAS: credits in books
From: joanne grey <j -dot- grey -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 17:51:18 -0700

Rebecca Phillips wrote:
>> Joanne Grey said:
>> Well, in lieu of writing credit, I use myself/husband/friends whenever
>> possible in screen shots.
edited for brevity]
> That's the drawback of using names of people you know (or combinations): =
> it shows cultural bias. I write for an international audience, so I try =
> to make up names that sound like they from another culture. =

This is a valid point, but in my case our audiences are also
multinational - as are our other writers, engineers, QA, Training, and
Marketing folks. Many of these people are also my friends. My examples
include names that are Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Iranian, British,
Hebrew, Greek, and American.
Joanne Grey Senior Technical Writer
j -dot- grey -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net Standard disclaimers apply
joann -at- genesyslab -dot- com http://www.genesyslab.com

Mirrors should reflect a little before throwing back images.
-Jean Cocteau