READING AND EPS FILE

Subject: READING AND EPS FILE
From: Paul Kennedy <pkennedy -at- SNTC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 13:53:41 -0500

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996 Barbara Ridley wrote:

> I need to look at an .EPS file I received. I have applications
> that will export an .EPS file but none will import one so that I
> can read it in the application. The applications I have tried are:
> MS WORD 6, CorelDraw, Corel Ventura, Corel Photo-Paint, Arts and
> Letters, Hi-Jaak Pro, and WordPerfect 6.0.

> The graphics feature of WordPerfect allowed me to bring the file in
> but the only words that showed in the window were, "File Contains
> Data for PostScript Printers Only." I tried printing the file to a
> PostScript printer and the only thing that printed were the words,
> "File Contains Data for Postscript Printers Only."

> Anybody have an idea on how I can see and/or print this .EPS file?

I had a similar need for viewing postscript documents. I needed to view
docs that had been sent to me, and I wanted to view my own postscript
files prior to sending them to my print vendor.

I searched the web and found Gsview, a graphical interface for
Ghostscript. Ghostscript is an interpreter for the PostScript page
description language used by laser printers. Following the instructions
on the Gsview web site, I downloaded the software needed for my system.
Here is the web Gsview web site address:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.html

Good luck.
--------------------------------
Paul Kennedy