Re: What's The Name of *#*

Subject: Re: What's The Name of *#*
From: hazel blumberg-mckee <hazelcb -at- POLARIS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:49:44 -0400

>Nancy wrote:

>>HELP, and okay this might be cheating just a bit, but a resource is a
>resource!

>>In my Tech Editing class, we've been given the assignment to find out >the
correct name for the number sign or the pound sign (#). It's
>>*not* called the commercial sign anymore, I've been told.

>>For those of you who like nitpicky challenges, any ideas?

Octothorp.

Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelcb -at- polaris -dot- net)
freelance editor, indexer, proofreader, researcher, and writer

Hazel Blumberg-McKee (hazelcb -at- polaris -dot- net)
sign that your cat has learned your Internet password:
your mouse has fang marks in it . . . and a strange aroma of tuna