Re: Memory Problem....

Subject: Re: Memory Problem....
From: Craig Edward Pfeifer <cep -at- CS -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:30:26 -0500

At 11:05 AM 9/26/96 -0500, YewFueng Liew wrote:
>Recently I came across a PC that gives 2 different values of RAM available.

Aha! The Win95 DOS VM (virtual machine) strikes again!

As far as I know, the Win95 VM can only address 16mb of memory.

'Right Click' on the MSDOS icon (you'll have to do this from a file
browser box, or from MSExplorer, you cannot 'right click' on the icon in the
start bar) and you can adjust how much memory to allocate to a VM when you
start one. This is great for systems with limited memory (i.e. not yours).

Hope this helps,

Craig
"There's no win-win crap. Win-win is when the real winners have the losers
convinced that they won, too, and the losers won't admit it
because of their egos" - Dave Anderson in WiReD 4.10

Craig Pfeifer / cep -at- cs -dot- purdue -dot- edu http://www.cs.purdue.edu/people/cep
PGP Key fingerprint = A8 41 99 36 4F D5 32 82 EB 79 6C 03 23 25 51 2B