Translation services

Subject: Translation services
From: Carla Martinek <carlam -at- OPENTEXT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 09:30:17 -0500

Robbie Rupel wrote:

>My company is considering having the documentation (paper and
>online) translated into several languages...<snip> What
>company did you use? How did they learn the technical aspects of your
>product? Were they easy to work with? How accurate were the
>translations? Would you use them again? What would you do different
>the next time?""

Robbie (and other techwriters checking into translations:

I've used a company out of the Chicago area called InterPro.
(www.interproinc.com) However, they do work for companies all over the
country and around the world.

I've used them for translations with two different companies I've worked
for, and been very happy with them. They have a wide language base - one
manual I know of was translated over 30 languages. After using software
for the bulk of the translation, native speakers check everything manually
for verification. They've even corrected errors that were found in the
English versions (with approval, of course).

The best thing about this company is that they also do the software
localization (translating your software into the foreign language as well),
so that your documentation and software translations are done by the same
company.

Their pricing is very reasonable, and they can handle just about any
language. I would give them a 4-star rating!

Regards,
Carla Martinek
Open Text Corporation