Brad = office furniture

Subject: Brad = office furniture
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 1996 13:56:46 -0500

Brad Connatser asked for advice after being treated like an
office chair. Brad, FWIW, there are worse things that could
have happened to you. You're right to feel angry about your
treatment, but don't let it cloud your thinking. Is this
typical of your treatment at the company or is it an
isolated incident? If it's typical, time to polish up the
resume (things will only get worse); if it's an exception,
let it go and worry about more productive issues. Fight the
battles that matter.

All else being equal, I'd visit my boss and make it very
clear how willing I'd been to make a sacrifice for the good
of the company. (Don't ask for a medal... just get the
message across that you're not a prima donna and that you'll
contribute when necessary.) I'd also hint that this wasn't a
precedent for walking all over me in the future. (Expressing
this to your boss will be tricky... tread carefully, and
don't visit while you're still mad!)