Robohelp vs. HDK

Subject: Robohelp vs. HDK
From: "Foster, Betsy" <BFoster -at- MSMAIL -dot- HSII -dot- CCARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 15:51:00 -0500

Hi. The documentation department that I work in is going to begin doing
online doc for all of the applications that we support. We use
FrameMaker for Windows 95 to maintain our manuals. Our manuals take up
about 100 MB of space; however, the largest manual is 15 MB.

I am responsible for choosing an online help authoring tool. We
currently have eight writers on our team, and all of us have Office 95 on
our machines. So far, considering the resources that we have available,
I've narrowed the choices to Robohelp 95 and HDK. I'd appreciate the
pros and cons of both programs. The only reviews that I could find are
glowing for both products. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I'd like to know about
the possible pitfalls, too.