Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- salaries skyrocketing?
From: Jim Grey <jimgrey -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 08:12:00 EST

Susan Gallagher <susan -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM> said:
>We're trying to recruit tech writers right now. Not only are we having a
>hard time getting people in the door (we're in CA -- East Bay), but those
>coming in with 3+ experience are demanding at least 70K. Many want at least
>75K. Perhaps it's networking writers in particular -- not sure.

Holy freakin' cow! The same is *NOT* happening in Indiana.

The STC Salary Survey lists Region 9 median salaries as being in the
$40-$50K range. So $70-$75K seems a little high.

Peace,
jim
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jimgrey -at- iquest -dot- net|lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta
|http://www.iquest.net/jimgrey~/
"There. Enough crankiness. Time for more coffee!" - R. Thaler-Carter