Re: Since/Which

Subject: Re: Since/Which
From: cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:48:04 -0400

Diane -- Got it! But we don't agree. My choice of "since" was neither
right nor wrong there, certainly not ambiguous. "Since" was good for the
loose and easy causality I wanted to express in that sentence. If I'd
wanted to use a two-syllable word that has the word "cause" in it, I
could have used "because", but there was no need, since my meaning was
clear without it, and since the word I chose better expressed the tone I
wanted to give the sentence.

Thanks for clarifying what you were trying to say.

Joanna

P.S. -- I'm posting this to the list, so as not to leave the discussion
in limbo.

ERGO, flamers, send your firebombs to me if you think this back-&-forth
was allowed to be public for too long.