Re: hot tech writing mkt -- don't focus on salary

Subject: Re: hot tech writing mkt -- don't focus on salary
From: Sue Heim <sue -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:51:50 PST

Garret Romaine wrote:
> I would offer one piece of counsel, however. Under the 'pay me now
> or pay me later' premise, don't fixate on the salary level. If the
> pay is underwhelming, look for generous stock options in a company
> with a sane, level-headed founder/CEO. If you are able to get in
> early and build a top-notch writing team as the company grows, all
> the while hauling in hundreds of shares at $1 to $5 per share, down
> the road you could wake up one day with suddenly valuable shares in
> a publicly-traded company.

And one other thing... remember, all the money in the world won't buy
ya happiness! If you aren't happy doing what you are doing, a big
salary won't make you any happier (although, I do agree it *does*
make living a bit easier!)!

<grin>

...sue
Sue Heim
Research Information Systems
Carlsbad, California USA
Email: Sue -at- ris -dot- risinc -dot- com