Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay

Subject: Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay
From: Chris Tonjes <chris -at- OVERTHE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 22:20:12 GMT

Matthew Danda <dandam -at- 1stnet -dot- net> wrote in article
<199610031351 -dot- IAA28317 -at- fcs -dot- 1stnet -dot- net>...
> Dear all:

> Just wanted to share my personal experiences with job-hopping as a method
of
> increasing pay.

> I am currently doing what many people would call a "no-no" in the
computer
> world: I will have worked as a full-time employee for 3 companies in 2.5
> years. I realize that I am in danger of becoming a "job-hopper."

Why is this behavior unacceptable? Most programmers do exactly the same
thing. Indeed, many companies encourage this sort of thing by offering
recruits big salaries and signing bonuses.