Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay

Subject: Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay
From: Suzanne Lee <suzanne -at- AUTOSIM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 16:03:19 -0700

Since (or should that be because ;-) no one has expressed my opinion yet,
I'll jump into this thread.

>I think that job hopping (especially in the IS industry) is much more
>favorably regarded than it was then.

maybe to some people, but not to me. It takes me a minimum of 6 months
(usually closer to a year) to have a writer come up to speed on all of our
products (they're technical and very big). Therefore, I look for peple who
have a track record of longer than six months or one year to work for me.
It's a waste of my time to hire someone who probably won't be here 6 or 8
months from now (this is our attitude about all employees, not just
writers).

I can see in your first few years feeling out a few types of jobs and going
for more money, but I still consider it the sign of a mature employee that
he or she sticks with a job longer than 2 -3 years.

Just my $.02.

Suzanne

from Suzanne Lee - suzanne -at- autosim -dot- com
AutoSimulations, Inc. - Bountiful, UT 84010
(801)298-1398 ext 333 / (801)298-8186 fax
Visit ASI on the World Wide Web at http://www.autosim.com/