Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay

Subject: Re: Job-Hopping to increase pay
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 15:20:47 -0700

At 04:03 PM 10/4/96 -0700, Suzanne Lee wrote:
>I can see in your first few years feeling out a few types of jobs and going
>for more money, but I still consider it the sign of a mature employee that
>he or she sticks with a job longer than 2 -3 years.

For as long as I've worked in the software industry (over 13 years
now), I've never had a job that lasted for 3 years. In two instances,
I left the company. The rest of the time, the company folded or rif'd
or got bought and relocated. Once, I was the *last* employee. (and the
only one left!)

Now I'm a hiring manager, and job duration don't say diddly to me.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.